Friday, July 16, 2010
Thursday, July 15, 2010
They're trying to sell you on a 3-5 year contact for $40-50/month. RESIDENTS BEWARE!
Alarm company’s sales practices raise concerns for customers, officials
Platinum Protection - News Report
I was listening this morning and heard about a Graffiti Abatement program in Portland here: http://paintthetownclean.com/index.html It'd be nice if Cornelius had a similar program that would actively seek out graffiti and clean it up.
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
It's a series of clips from my time @ KUPL Downtown with Simon/Jolynn.
I was in the studio from 6AM-9AM.
Cornelius Week & "Embrace your Geekness Day". Enjoy!
Monday, July 12, 2010
Sunday, July 11, 2010
It’s another bright sunny day in Cornelius. Hope you had a great weekend.
A couple of upcoming events:
National Night Out – Tuesday, August 3rd, 6-8 p.m. at Harleman Park
Cornelius Farmer’s Market – every Friday, 4-8 pm at Grande Foods
City Council worksession – Monday July 19th: UGB expansion, Baseline/10th Avenue preliminary design discussion and memorials for mayors
Dave Waffle, City Manager
City of Cornelius, OR
A few things to note:
- Walmart Trucks WILL START ARRIVING!!! Product to stock the shelves! Be on the look-out for them. They haven't officially announced the Grand Opening, but rumor is August 18th. What time exactly is still TBD.
- Construction by Kerr Contactors is underway at 12-13-14th Avenues.
- The Cornelius Library hit and all-time record for Checkouts! Glad to see our library is getting a lot of use.
- Talks about the realities of Traffic congestion as a result of Walmart are being reiterated. Duh! :)
- Online Utility Payments are at a Whopping 157 customers? What the heck? That # should be a whole lot more people.
- Lastly, TUNE INTO KUPL (98.7 FM). This week is dedicated to Cornelius. "HOMETOWN SALUTE" series. July 12th-16th. "Listen to 98.7 KUPL to hear all the great things about Cornelius this week! Log on to KUPL.com or call KUPL Studio 503-733-5000 and tell us why you love Cornelius!"